Friday, February 24, 2012

New Findings 1880 Census Johnson

It's been quite a while - I finally sat down and did some research - I was a bit frustrated with one site that will show you a little info - but wants to charge you for more, but then found this site https://familysearch.org/ that allows you to search using different criteria and it's free. 
I've been pondering how to put the info I came up with on here - I'm going to list what I found by Census dates starting with 1880!

1880
Hugh Johnson 47 yrs old
Res:  Chippewa, Mecosta, Michigan
Birth 1833 Canada
Parents place of birth: Scotland
Occupation: Farmer
Spouse: Margaret 36
Born in Canada
Occupation: Keeping house
Parents birthplace: Canada

Children
Amelia L. born 1862   18yrs old  born: Canada
Alexander G.    1866   14                     Canada
Maggie L          1879     1                     Michigan

Also in the household
John McLachlin   21, born 1859 Canada
Parents Birthplace:  Scotland
Occupation:  Farmer

Also found Hugh Johnson died July 3 1896
Parents listed as:  Alexandria (?) Johnson & Mary Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment